My name is Rick Willsmore and I’m the Director of Tennis and Club Coach at Scarborough Tennis. The Academy was founded upon my appointment as Club Coach in 2007. We have developed players from 3 year olds through to those who have reached national level junior success. I am very thankful for having such a great team of Tennis Professionals who once they have started at the Academy remain part of it for many years. This, along with our relationship with the Scarborough Tennis Club, has helped create a great culture and centre of excellence. We were the 2013 recipient of the Tennis West Club Coach of the Year and in the Top 3 at a national level, reaching the final of the exclusive Newcombe Medal.
As part of our club management we also are responsible for all the clubs sponsorship agreements, new members submissions, tournament management, court hire management and a lot of the clubs own marketing through our online and social media channels.
We strive to provide the best tennis experience for any and all players. Our passion lies with developing young players from the Hot Shots Program to budding young tournament players through the Talent Development Program, instilling a life long love for the sport.
"The coaches are engaging and have a great rapport with all the kids. Oscar is always keen and motivated to get down to his lesson on time and on to the court."
- Hamish, Oscars Dad
- Create a fun, safe environment for children to learn tennis.
- Foster a lifelong passion for the sport & fitness in all players.
- Encourage beginners - children through to adults, to have a go.
- Connect with schools and the wider community.
- Transition players to competitive situations and match play.
- Develop players from young Red Ballers through the Hot Shots Pathway to competitive juniors and tournament players.
- Assist adult players to social or pennant play through the Tennis Club.