who are we?
My name is Rick Willsmore and I’m the Director of Tennis and Club Coach at Scarborough Tennis. The Academy was founded upon my appointment as Club Coach in 2007. We have developed players from 3 year old's through to those who have reached national level junior success. I am very thankful for having such a great team of Tennis Professionals who are passionate about helping others. This, along with our relationship with the Scarborough Tennis Club, has helped create a great culture and centre of excellence.
We strive to provide the best tennis experience for any and all players. Our passion lies with developing young players from the Hot Shots Program to budding young tournament players through the Talent Development Program, instilling a life long love for the sport. Our passion is seeing tennis players blossom both on and off the court. Learn the skills, strategies and culture of tennis through our training and coaching programs. We call it a tennis mentorship, any age, any stage.
"The coaches are engaging and have a great rapport with all the kids. Oscar is always keen and motivated to get down to his lesson on time and on to the court."
- Hamish, Oscars Dad
- Create a fun, safe environment for children to learn tennis.
- Foster a lifelong passion for the sport & fitness in all players.
- Encourage beginners - children through to adults, to have a go.
- Connect with schools and the wider community.
- Transition players to competitive situations and match play.
- Develop players from young Red Ballers through the Hot Shots Pathway to competitive juniors and tournament players.
- Assist adult players to social or pennant play through the Tennis Club.